Sunday, March 27, 2022

Weekly Wine Tasting - Jacobs Creek Shiraz

Name - Jacobs Creek Classic

Variety - Shiraz/Syrah

Region - South East Australia

Year - Vintage 2020

Price - $7.99

Wine Critic Review

Classic as in typical of the volume Shiraz many have grown to know (and love).

Aromas of jammy dark fruits, mocha, heavy oak. Follows on the palate, with a slight pepper note (but only slight) and smooth tannins, light on the acid.

Well-made everyday wine with straightforward flavours.

https://www.nataliemaclean.com/wine-reviews/jacobs-creek-shiraz-2017/308111#:~:text=Reviews%20and%20Ratings,tannins%2C%20light%20on%20the%20acid.

Wine Folly

Shiraz, as its known in Australia, has bold notes of blueberry and plum, with more earthy notes of milk chocolate, tobacco, and green peppercorn (172). Shiraz is the most planted grape in Australia, and the lands there make some of the most coveted wine in the world (173). Shiraz from South Australia tend to have flavors of Blackberry sauce, and more earthy flavors than other Syrah. Wine folly suggests to decant for 60 minutes and spend around $25.

My Review.

This was my first Shiraz/Syrah that I have dranken and I did enjoy it. In my personal ranking right now I have Merlot - Zinfandel - Shiraz as my top 3 wines right now. I very much enjoyed the fruty flavors mixed with earthy elements. I did not decant nor did I drink it with food. The wine was not too acidic or tannic which was perfect.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Time Weekly - Santa Julia Malbec

Name  - Santa Julia Reserva Variety  - Malbec Region  - Argentia Year  - 2020 Price  - $10.99 Wine Critic Review A fruitball of a Malbec, wi...