Sunday, March 20, 2022

Wine Dinner Blog

Dinner - Country Club

Over Spring Break, I just went home and was discussing how I had to do dinner blogs for this class. My dad said we should do it at the country club we go to and that's what we did, my dad, mom, and I. 


For the first wine and first course, I went with the Calamari and a Chardonnay. This chardonnay is called Simi 

The Chardonnay had heavy notes of apple both on the taste and the scent. The wine and appetizer paired very well. The chardonnay neutralized the fried aftertaste that calamari seemed to have, and helped with the lemony acidic taste from the squeezed lemon. I think the chardonnay 














The main course for me was a burger with bacon and swiss cheese, and french fries. My wine of choice for this entree was a Pinot Noir which was very hot. 


I thought that this combo did not pair well at all. The pinot was very hot and dry and fruity. I needed to drink water while drinking it and I think that with a merlot or zinfandel the course would have been more enjoyable. This wine definitely overpowered the food and did not compliment the meal. 



Cambiatta Pinot Noir.The wine itself was good, but at 14.5% alcohol percentage it is a little too much for wine. The fruity flavors I tasted include cherry. 















The final course, dessert, featured a chocolate lava cake and a Port. 
These two were a perfect combo. The port really helped with the sweetness of the desert, and the port itself tasted like brandy. That's really the only way I can think to describe it. But overall, in my opinion, this is the best pairing that I had that night. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Time Weekly - Santa Julia Malbec

Name  - Santa Julia Reserva Variety  - Malbec Region  - Argentia Year  - 2020 Price  - $10.99 Wine Critic Review A fruitball of a Malbec, wi...