Thursday, March 31, 2022

Weekly Wine Tasting - Enrique Mendoza La Tremenda

Name - Enrique Mendoza La Tremenda

Variety - Monastrell

Region - Alicante Spain

Year - 2018

Price - $9.99

Wine Critic Review

Bright ruby-red in color, this wine shows expressive notes of fresh black cherries and red berries mingled with hints of sweet spice, toast and cocoa. On the palate, this accessible red shows silky texture, liveliness and long length.

https://www.winebow.com/our-brands/bodegas-enrique-mendoza/enrique-mendoza-la-tremenda/2018

Wine Folly Notes

A wine originating from Central Spain, with deep and smokey flavors, Monastrell has earthly flavors of Cocoa, Tobacco, and Pepper and a strong flavor of berries. (133). Monastrell has a high tannic content. Monastrell from Alicante has more of a raisin taste. 

My Review

The first Monastrell that I have drunk and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I enjoyed the fruity tastes compared with the light amount of earthy tastes. I drank this wine with a meal of pasta carbonara, and I thought it paired very well. I thought it was very similar to merlot. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Time Weekly - Santa Julia Malbec

Name  - Santa Julia Reserva Variety  - Malbec Region  - Argentia Year  - 2020 Price  - $10.99 Wine Critic Review A fruitball of a Malbec, wi...