Sunday, January 30, 2022

Wine Tasting - Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi

Name - Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi

Variety - Merlot

Region - California, USA

Year - Non Vintage

Price - $5.99

Online Review
"A flinty aroma and mineral flavor accompany good ripe fruit notes in this medium-bodied and lightly tannic wine. Dashes of cedar and vanilla give it an oaky cast."
https://www.winemag.com/buying-guide/woodbridge-by-robert-mondavi-nv-merlot-california/
Wine Folly
A typical Merlot has hints of cherry, plum, and chocolate (p. 131). Merlot from California has a sweeter cherry flavor (p. 132). In my tasting, I tasted the plum and cherry, but there was a taste of blackberries. I did not decant as WineFolly suggests but at least I drank it in an actual wine glass (p.131)
My Review
I loved this wine, especially for the price point. I did not eat this with food but I had Spanish Rice and Chicken from El Rods 40 minutes prior. It was a very fruity wine and not harsh on the acidity which was nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Time Weekly - Santa Julia Malbec

Name  - Santa Julia Reserva Variety  - Malbec Region  - Argentia Year  - 2020 Price  - $10.99 Wine Critic Review A fruitball of a Malbec, wi...