Sunday, January 30, 2022

Wine Tasting - Imagery 2020

Name - Imagery

Variety - Cabernet Sauvignon

Region - Napa Vally, California, USA

Year - 2020

Price - $25.99

Wine Critic Review
"Rich with aromas of dark chocolate, slate, cedar, and coffee, this youthful Cab is sassy and light on its feet, with notes of spiced blueberries and round, mocha-kissed tannins. Rhubarb and fennel come in mid-palate and stay to the finish."
https://www.wine.com/product/imagery-estate-winery-cabernet-sauvignon-2018/567190#:~:text=Winemaker%20Notes,Petite%20Sirah%20complete%20the%20wine.
One note I could not find a 2020 review but this is from 2018
WineFolly Notes
Cabernet Sauvignon's taste profiles feature heavy notes of black currant and black cherry (p.88). As this wine is from California, black currant is one of the most overwhelming flavors in the wine (p.89). I do not have a decanter at this moment so I did not decant as suggested by WineFolly. I did not drink this wine with a meal.

My Review
This was a good wine. In my short wine-drinking experience, I have found that I prefer merlot over cabernet sauvignon. This wine had heavy notes of black currant and a minor taste of black cherry. There was a defined mocha flavor and some tanginess and this wine did not leave a coating on my mouth. I recommend but not at the $25 price point. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Time Weekly - Santa Julia Malbec

Name  - Santa Julia Reserva Variety  - Malbec Region  - Argentia Year  - 2020 Price  - $10.99 Wine Critic Review A fruitball of a Malbec, wi...