Sunday, February 6, 2022

Weekly Wine Tasting - Pinetti

Name - Pinetti

Variety - Zinfandel

Region - Puglia, Italy

Year - 2020

Price - $4.99

Wine Critic Review
"On the nose lots of green vegetal notes and a little smoke kissing the black cherry. If it weren’t for the stemmy, green notes the nose would be pleasant but they hit you over the head, demanding attention, refusing to be ignored. The palate is thin and flat with little flavor upfront and absolutely no structure"
https://foodandwineaesthetics.com/2016/10/28/budget-wine-pinetti-notte-zinfandel-italy-2014/
Wine Folly Notes
Zinfandel has a fruity undertone of blackberry, strawberry, and peach with a heavy spice undertone with the spices being cinnamon and tobacco (p.189). There is a large tannic undertone. Winefolly suggests to decant for 30 minutes but I don't own a decanter. I did not eat a meal with this wine.
My Review
This was the first zinfandel that I tried. I liked it. I tasted a heavy spice level, with a high level of tannic. I tasted peach, orange, and blackberry.  I would give this wine a 6/10 but for $5 you can't go wrong with this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Time Weekly - Santa Julia Malbec

Name  - Santa Julia Reserva Variety  - Malbec Region  - Argentia Year  - 2020 Price  - $10.99 Wine Critic Review A fruitball of a Malbec, wi...