Sunday, February 13, 2022

Wine Blog - Castellani

Name - Famiglia Castellania

Variety - Sangiovese

Region - Toscana Italy

Year - 2016

Price - $10.99

Wine Critic Review - From the Tuscany wine region, Famiglia Castellani 2016 is a juicy 100% Sangiovese produced from grapes sourced from the Alta Maremma. Bright and juicy with ripe cherry, mocha, savory spice, and herb flavors on the palate with a lingering tart cherry, red berry finish. Tannins are velvety and this Sangiovese would be very nice to have now with a veal parmesan. - Community Wine Reviews

Wine Folly Notes

Sangiovese has strong notes of cherry, tomato, and balsamic (162). I did not decant as the textbook suggests, nor did I chill to 55 degrees (162). I could taste the high acidity that the textbook mentions. 

My Review

I really enjoyed this wine. I split it with friends and it was very tasty with strong fruity notes. the presence of cherry and strawberry was very present. I assume that the high levels of acidity contributed to this. I would give this wine an 8/10. I did not eat with this meal.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Time Weekly - Santa Julia Malbec

Name  - Santa Julia Reserva Variety  - Malbec Region  - Argentia Year  - 2020 Price  - $10.99 Wine Critic Review A fruitball of a Malbec, wi...