Sunday, April 17, 2022

Wine Weekly - Yellow Tail Merlot

Name - Yellow Tail

Variety - Merlot

Region - Australia

Year - 2021

Price - $7.99

Wine Critic Review

In the glass, this wine is ruby to plum in color.  A little bit of light shines through.

After allowing the wine to get some air I noted several small legs on the sides of the glass that fell slowly.

Yellow Tail Merlot is fairly aromatic.  The aroma was noticeable from a foot away from the glass.  On the nose were hints of cherry and a little spice.

Wine Folly Notes

Another Merlot I have drunk so this is all going to be a repeat. Merlots have fruity and earthy flavors of cherry and plum and chocolate dried herbs, and vanilla respectively. WF doesn't have specifics on Merlots from Australia, but Merlots tend to have medium levels of alcohol body acidity and tannins. (131)

My Review

I love merlots but, "this ain't it chief". I wish I could have grabbed any other type of wine but I was restricted to 7/11 because it is easter and I had work. It has a high acidity that really takes away from the fruity flavors. This is probably the worst Merlot that I have reviewed and yea that's really it. It has some fruity notes that I can't differentiate and I can't taste any earthy flavors. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Time Weekly - Santa Julia Malbec

Name  - Santa Julia Reserva Variety  - Malbec Region  - Argentia Year  - 2020 Price  - $10.99 Wine Critic Review A fruitball of a Malbec, wi...