Sunday, March 6, 2022

Weekly Wine Tasting - Ménage a Trois: Pinot Noir

Name - Ménage a Trois: Pinot Noir

Variety - Pinot Noir

Region - California

Year - 2018

Price - $8.99

Online Review - I could not find a wine critic review for this so found a review under a wine purchasing website.

This is a smooth Pinot Noir, good for sipping or with meals. On the nose, definite dark cherries with some vanilla. The cherries come through again on the palate ... nice fruit-forward wine. I didn't care much for the finish ... there was a bit of a vinegary taste, but a friend didn't experience the same thing so it may just be my taste buds. Good value for the price and I will purchase this Pinot again.

https://drizly.com/wine/red-wine/pinot-noir/menage-a-trois-pinot-noir/p1632

Wine Folly Notes

Pinot Noir's are the most popular light-bodied red wine in the world. Pinot Noir's have a taste profile of berries such as cherry and raspberry, with earthy notes of clove and mushroom. Wine Folly suggests decanting for 30 minutes, using an aroma collector glass, and keeping the wine in the cellar around 55-60 degrees. (150). Pinot Noirs from CA tend to have different earthy tastes than French PN's with smoke and vanilla being the dominant earthy tastes.

My Review

This is the first Pinot Noir I have had and I liked it but I had zero references to what a Pinot Noir is supposed to taste like. I definitely tasted the fruity tastes and smells and could taste some vanilla and oak. I did not follow any of the wine folly recommendations. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Time Weekly - Santa Julia Malbec

Name  - Santa Julia Reserva Variety  - Malbec Region  - Argentia Year  - 2020 Price  - $10.99 Wine Critic Review A fruitball of a Malbec, wi...